Practice surgical interventions and present instruments
The PHACON Sinus Trainer offers the opportunity to train sinus and skull base operations. By using PHACON Sinus Patients of different anatomies, the haptic feeling of an operation can be learned with real surgical instruments. With the help of the included tracker, all instruments can be easily connected to our software via visual registration. The CT data displayed in the navigation software and the 360 ° rotatable virtual 3D model of the PHACON Sinus Patient used then allow perfect orientation; CT slices can be displayed in the sagittal, axial and coronal representation with the desired contrast and brightness.
Furthermore, injuries of risk structures are automatically recognized. In addition, the trainer is suitable as an effective marketing tool for the presentation of medical devices and instruments. Numerous companies from Germany and the world already use the trainer for training courses, presentations and for marketing purposes.
An anatomical and a technical part are included with the trainer. The individual components are listed below.
1. PHACON Sinus Trainer | Anatomical part (S-00006)
• 1 head model with removable half of the face
• 1 holding and collecting tray for the head model (click system with positioning option)
• 1 PHACON sinus patient “Meyer” [SN-aas]
– Patient Characteristics:
• Age: 40 Y
• normal anatomy
– Model characteristics:
• applicable for
◦ Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS)
◦ trans nasal and transethmoidal access to the pituitary gland
◦ orbital decompression
• included structures and landmarks
◦ landmarks: Processus uncinatus, Bulla ethmoidalis and flexible turbinates
◦ sinuses: maxilliary sinus, ethmoid cells, frontal sinus and sphenoidal sinus
◦ nerves: Nervus opticus
◦ vessels: Arteria carotis and Arteria sphenopalatina
◦ representation of soft tissue: Mucosa, pituitary Gland, Arteria carotis, skin
◦ detectable structures: Nervus opticus, Arteria carotis, scull base, Lamina papyracea, pituitary gland
• 1 transport case for the trainer (hand luggage dimensions)
2. PHACON ENT trainer | Technical part (E-00001)
◦ 1 navigation camera
◦ 1 instrument tracker set for ENT surgery to attach to your instruments
◦ 3 instrument connection cables
◦ 1 laptop with PHACON simulation software
◦ 1 bluetooth mouse
◦ 1 power adapter for laptop power supply
◦ 1 laptop bag
Take a look at our video on the PHACON Sinus Trainer.